Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Saturday

Nadia's Mori Kei

Loose fitting layered skirt a little on the quirky side, with lots of lace and frills. Her smock style top is made from a leafy Japanese print with bunnies, and features a plain brown yoke with buttons. Her shoulders are kept warm with an ivory cotton cape trimmed with a lace ruffle.


Although you cannot see them, she is also wearing cotton bloomers and a new pair of brown round toe, lace up boots.


Nadia is an uncomplicated girl. She is a collector of things and enjoys poking around in old book shops and antique stores. (That sounds a lot like me!)

6 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the cape <3!!! Great work on the entire set, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't as happy with it as I would have liked to have been Alejandra, but at least I finished it! I'm still not quite ready with all my patterns to begin sewing for the store yet . . . not quite as motivated as I first was.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
    2. I hope you find more motivation soon, I think you are very talented :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Alejandra. 😊

      Delete
  2. Anonymous23 November

    What a lovely design, in beautiful color tones! The cape is the perfect extra. I love the Mori Kei style, if I was 25 years younger, I would dress like this :-). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the printed fabric, the autumn colours are really me, but the fabrics I teamed it with didn't work as well as I would have liked. Hey you don't have to be really young to wear Mori Kei, layering is very popular here in Australia even with people my age. :) I actually bought a top today, to layer over a blouse (to hide my tummy, as if it ever would LOL!).
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!