Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Monday

It Begins With an Idea

When I first saw the DIM Youra head I knew I had to have her, even though I wasn't sure what I was going to do with her. However, the more I looked at her, the easier it became to see who she would become . . . a sprite or more precisely a water spirit.

My first step was to purchase a body for her, a Luts Romantic Kid Delf. Then a wig and some very special eyes, not blue, nor green, but a combination of both.
 
As my thoughts turned to creating this water spirit, I gave her a name . . . Ondine.
Then a purpose . . . to direct the flow and course of the earth's water.
She would live in the waters of Elvin Forest and become a Guardian of the streams and the babbling brooks that meandered through it.
 
In my mind, Ondine's clothing had to shimmer just like the sun dancing on a lake and should be the colour of the sea. Soon the search for fabric was underway. I was lucky to find exactly what I was looking for quite quickly and as the idea continued to grow, the sewing began.
 
 
Fortunately, I had a lovely watery backdrop that would do to show you the first stage of Ondine's very special clothes.
 

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pattern! and the concept idea behind it all is great! I can't wait to see more~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandi,
    It is beautiful! Very appropriate with the water backdrop.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful outfit! It seems weird to call a doll sexy but it definitely applies here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a striking pattern on that fabric! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything came together beautifully! I also see scales like a sea creature which is perfect for a water spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, great outfit...love the boots! I also really like the backdrop as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    The concept idea for Ondine is great, so it's fabulous that you have found this perfect fabric for her.
    Greetings ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I really love that outfit so far. You have a really good eye for choosing fabric for what you want. There certainly is that shimmer that you wanted. I love her name too. Ondine, so mystical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is gorgeous! I love the concept and if her story was a book- I'd definitely read it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!