Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Tuesday

Let's Share a Secret

Each day as I read the stories and snippets of each of my blogging buddies daily activities and interests, I am reminded of how small a world this really is and how many talented people fill it. I love seeing the friendships that are developing between people living on the opposite ends of the earth.

With this in mind, I thought it would be fun to invite my followers and fellow bloggers to post one thing that I don't already know about them. In essence . . .


I'll begin . . . My hubby calls me a hoarder, I call myself a collector. As many of you already know, I collect BJD's, play dolls, bears, fabrics, yarn and antiques, but you didn't know I am also an avid collector of buttons (though not intentionally) and have enough to start a shop of my own!

Big hugs,
X

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is fun! I'm having a hard time to think of something interesting but, did you know the reason I fell in love with BJDs was because the first ones I saw were representation of the members of a band called Malice Mizer? Now if you google them you will find tons of very dark, goth and/or creepy photos which was the aesthetic I liked in my college years.
    I don't know what happened to me in those years LOL because I clearly love pink and pastel colors and anything that is cute, and that is true for now but also in my childhood.
    Fun fact, I used to say my favorite color was green when I was little, because I was embarrassed to say it was pink. Even in my "dark" times I had pink hair :) even though everything else was black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an interesting fact about you that I didn't know Alejandra, because the v-kei rock bands always fascinated me, though more for their costuming than their music. Japanese fashion overall is interesting, I also love pastel colours and pink (just not Barbie Pink, one pink I detest) and now I'm imagining you wearing pretty Lolita fashion. Do you still have your pink hair?
      😘

      Delete
    2. I have gray hair LOL well more like really dark brown with lots of gray in it, which I don't mind to be honest.
      I hate Barbie pink, it has to be pastel or it doesn't count.
      I dress pretty casual, I don't even own many dresses, but I loved lolita when I was younger :)

      Delete
    3. I also have mixed hair and am hoping when it goes grey it's a nice light silver shade. My wardrobe is mostly pants and tops though I do spend time in my PJ's if I don't have to go out. 😉

      Delete
  2. What a creative and fun post!! Okay so IDK if this counts but one thing I don't share often is I am SO SCARED of The Wizard of Oz. I mean truly terrified and I always have been ever since a horrible nightmare about the wicked witch at like age 7 (I'm so serious) and really, I'll watch any horror movie and love it but if The Wizard of Oz is on, I have to go!!! I feel kind of bad because I know it's a classic but yeah...one of my biggest fears is The Wizard of Oz haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace I'm so glad that you're here joining us, comments are moderated so sometimes due to the time difference they don't show up straight away.
      It's strange how childhood trauma can come back to haunt us. I guess you would have avoided seeing Wicked then?
      I used to love scary movies when I was young but can't watch them now.
      😘

      Delete
    2. Oh!! The moderated comments makes more sense I thought I was doing something wrong haha! I did avoid Wicked unfortunately which sucks because it looked so good and Glinda is right up my alley, but I couldn't do it! So happy to be here - your blog is such a lovely place <3

      Delete
    3. Moderation stops spam and keeps the trolls at bay. 😁 Yes, I thought she might being so very girly herself. Thank you, we are a lovely crowd here and we always welcome kind and caring people, so drop by whenever you like. 😘

      Delete
  3. Haha, the button collections must come with the sewing. I have more fabric than I can possibly use, but I still keep even small scraps- in case I might need them for something. As for something weird about me: I started humming quietly to myself as soon as I leave the house during COVID and I still do that. I don't even notice it most of the time and I never do it at home. Don't ask me why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia, yes I guess it does but I think it started after following my mother's habit of cutting off shirt buttons before using them for cleaning cloths. 😁
      You know those tiny pieces come on handy for making covered buttons when you can't find a button to match what you're makin . . . well that's what I tell myself.
      Humming eh? That's not a bad thing, I think it sounds like you're happy.
      😘

      Delete
  4. A secret about me that frustrates me (I'm working on it!) is that I burn out quickly! But as a girl of many hobbies, it's okay because if I get tired of learning to draw, I can just pick up a book, a video game, or a new sewing project; so it's not so bad, haha.
    Another secret is that I constantly think about death. I often imagine what the afterlife is like, but also worry if I will be able to read all the books I have on my reading list before it's my time to go. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alondra, maybe trying to take things a little slower might help, I know it's difficult when you have so much going on in your head. I get like that sometimes but I try to tackle one thing at a time it helps take the pressure off and I don't feel so burnt out.
      Death at your age should be the furthered thing from your mind, you just enjoy reading those books. Books can take you on a journey through time and to places you never knew existed. Be happy. 😘

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!