Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Wednesday

A Touch of Fantasy

I've had Mae, my Key To My Heart "A Fairytale Wedding" by Linda Rick (The Doll Maker) since April. Initially I thought she was going to be a companion for my other Linda Rick doll which is fourteen inches tall, but was surprised by her shorter height when she arrived. Once I saw she was only twelve inches, I wasn't sure what to do with her, but I did remove her wedding dress. However, when I saw her naked I realised she had far too much hair, so the wig came off too.

During the days that followed (back in lockdown) I tried several wigs on Mae, finally settling on the J-Pop one she is wearing now. It's a very pretty combination of pale blue and lavender soft Japanese Kanekalon® fibre. Then, as she needed clothes to wear, I began knitting again. Using the same Jacknitss and PWT patterns as I had previously, making a few more mods and 4ply yarn with smaller needles (2.25mm), I managed to produce this dress and matching coat.

When she was dressed, Mae took a walk in the Elvin Forest and came across my little Pegasus (Luts Tiny Delf Centaur Jack Bubble Mint/White Ltd. Ed. default face-up).


Mae: Hello little one what are you doing here?
Pegasus: I'm looking for my friend Princess Hera.


Mae: I'm sorry I haven't seen a Princess today, but I am happy to be your friend.
Pegasus: Oh, I'd like that too. Let's shake on it.


Mae: It's a little warm here in the forest, so I'll take my coat off.
Pegasus: Okay, then we can get to know each other.

I also found some little white boots in my stash that fitted her perfectly. It seems boots are all the range, even in the Elvin Forest. 😊

21 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Pegasus looks so cute, I love that color. I also like the dress you knitted for Mae, it reminds me of cotton candy.
    Have a lovely rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MC, I have two centaurs this size, this Mint/White combo and Princess Hera who is Real Skin Brown/Tan and just as cute. I can see why too. 😊
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Awww, that centaur is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about the right shoes- especially in the woods. Adorable little pegasus. And you definitively went for the pastels. I have to say the colors suit little Mae much better than the sherbert UFOs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I agree Mia, shoes are always high on my list too. Thank you, he is very adorable. Yes, once I put the wig on, I felt she would look good in pastels...perfect for a SWEET little girl.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. She turned out so sweet, love what you have done with her. I wish I knew how to knit, have tried many times, but just couldn't get it. Great photos.
    Hugs,
    Dorian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorian, I am happy with her now. Never mind, knitting isn't for everyone, I bet your really good at other things though.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. She is lovely. I love Linda Rick dolls , I used to own one or two years back. I love the wig you have put on her, gives her a great modern look.
    The knitwear is lovely and looks really good with her new hair, Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I only have the two, but Linda Rick dolls are very pretty. The wig is very soft and I though it added an air of fantasy to her. It always makes me smile how we all see dolls differntly.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Pegasus looks amazing, what kind of doll is she?
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quinley. He is a Tiny Delf BJD (ball jointed doll) made of resin, by the Luts company in Seoul, South Korea.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. :) Oh cool, where did you buy her? Because I've always wanted dolls like that.
      -Quinley
      P.S. I tagged you for The Mystery Blogger Award: https://qs-creative-corner.blogspot.com/2021/07/the-mystery-blogger-award.html

      Delete
    3. I left a message on your blog with all the details. 😘

      Delete
  7. Thank you Linda. Pegasus is actually a boy, and in love with his friend Princess Hera, but he always enjoys making new friends. Ah you twigged! 😂 I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Love the purple-bluish wig on her, goes well with her outfit! The centaur is so cute! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina.😘
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  9. Oh, she looks great in that wig and fits perfectly the fantasy setting :). I love her outfit too - and Pegasus is so cute! I'm thinking about finding some company for my Myun and I was considering some minis from Luts... Seing how lovely Tiny Delfs are in person I might just have the perfect match ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann, I don't think you would be disappointed with a Tiny Delf, I have a few and they are all cute, but the centaurs are a favourite.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  10. Love those boots! The pastel rainbow colour scheme on her outfit is just right for visiting an elfin forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uschi! I agree with you, one should wear rainbow colours in the Elvin Forest. 😊
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!