Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Saturday

What a Slacker!

I have really been off the grid this past week, well at least from here. However, I have been busy elsewhere, re-doing my website and looking for someone special to add to my "family". As luck would have it, I think I have finally found her!

Photo courtesy of Peak's Woods

I have wanted  a Peak's Woods blue/grey Lady Alice FOF V.F. for a long time, but always seemed to just miss out on getting my hot little hands on her. Until now that is. I have at last found one, she will come without wig and clothes, but with everything else (box, cushion, certificate etc.).

I will change her eyes, as I would prefer the ones that were shown in the PW's pics or at the very least I'd like something similar. A new wig will need to be ordered and I will dress her in clothes more appropriate for a Vamp.
With luck, she will arrive next week!

16 comments:

  1. She is awesome!!! I love her little fangs. Such a sweet little (vicious) vampire. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farrah Lily. I am hoping her RL colour is closer to the top photo than the bottom photo, but I can't wait to dress her!
      Hugs.
      X

      Delete
  2. Oh big congrats are in order Xanadu! Peakswood Lady Alice is gorgeous. I've looked at her off and on a few times myself. I'm interested to see what you make of her. Those little vampire teeth are just so adorable.

    Re-doing websites can take a while. But fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alasse, I think so too. I have a couple of ideas running around in my scone, but I will have to wait till she's here before making a final decision...after all she may have quite different ideas!!

      The website was a matter of copying a lot of my blog stuff to the website, but it still took a long time and I am happy enough with it for now.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. Ohh congrats! I really love PW tinies, they're so cute ^^ Hope that she arrives soon and that you'll share photos of her then~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you safir, I've wanted a PW for a long time so I am happy to have one now, and I will surely share photos when she arrives. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Anonymous05 July

    Oh, she's so cute! Congratulations to have found her, and I hope she arrives very very soon! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! She is being shipped via EMS today, which surprised me, I didn't know Japan had some PO open on a Sunday...I am very glad they do though. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. She's a cute one! Looking forward to seeing more of her once she arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JS, I will share more pics, I promise. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. She's the cutest little vampire ever! Congrats on getting her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. I love her and now just have to figure out how I am going to work her into a story along side my other dolls.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. Hello Sandy,
    I love her face. Great detail. I can't wait to see your version of her.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac. Her face won't change a great deal, but her clothes will. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandi!
    Congrats, this little vampire girl is very cute. You know how much I like vampires. Her fangs are adorable.
    Hugs ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily, I thought you'd like her, being a doll from the dark side!! I've been looking at getting her a special wig and making her some Victorian style clothes, but we'll see down the track exactly what eventuates . . . you know I never set things in concrete these day as the dolls all have minds of their own.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!