Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Saturday

8th August Doll Meet

 
We took a few photos using  backdrops at today's meet.







 

 



10 comments:

  1. Anonymous08 August

    Looks like fun! Your backdrops are very versatile, and it looks like everyone had a play with them.

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M!
      I think Carol and Liz had fun using the backdrops with their dolls, along with some of mine. The others were not as adventourous though. :) We would have had more fun if you had been there too!
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Great photos - and great backdrops! I especially love the forest ones - they give your photos such a fantastic extra bit of colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JS. The forest backdrops are my favourites, as they are used mostly for my Elvin Forest story. But it is nice to have a few different ones.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. Those backdrops worked really well for all the dolls. Looks like it was a great day and lots of different doll types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dolly meets Alasse, they are a great place to share ideas and create a lot of inspiration too! We do seem to have quite a variety of BJD's between us. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Nice photos!! I love all the dolls you posted, but specially the 4th! It looks kinda magical :D!!!
    I hope I didn't miss much in my absense and that you are well :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alejandra, ah that backdrop makes everything magical, it's one of my favourites. :)
      Hey, you can always catch up any ol' time, I'm just glad to see you back.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. Hello Sandy,
    This is a beautiful portfolio. The pictures are just stunning.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac,
      Thank you, the girls will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the photos.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!