Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Monday

Progress

I have been working on my throw rug over Easter and now have a grand total of eight blocks of nine (72) granny squares all joined together. At first I wasn't quite sure how I was going to join them, but decided I would use a neutral colour to crochet join them rather than sewing them together.


I like how it creates a raised seam and contrasts nicely with all the earthy tones.


I'm thinking now I have seen these done, I may not have to make as many granny squares if I crochet a boarder around these blocks. What do you think?

16 comments:

  1. Such hard work, I quite like the raised seam and I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene, I'm pretty hppy with the way it's shaping up. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. It is looking lovely!!! I love the way you put them together, makes the colors pop up more in my opinion. I am truly amazed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alejandra, I think it does too. It's a bit of an experiment and has been a fun way to reduce my stash and put it to good use.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. So far so good! But so much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Musume.
      Yes it is quite a lot of work, but I'm getting there. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. These are looking fantastic! You crochet fast! I really love the colours you chose for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alasse,
      Not really, I just haven't been doing much of anything else. LOL! The colours were what I had in my box, so you could say the colours chose me.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. WOW you have been busy and what a nice job you've done of these too. I think the raised border works really well and sets off the darker colours of the actual granny squares. I really do like what you've done and hope you'll show us when it's all sewn together into a big throw.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I think so too, lots of people join their squares on the reverse side, but I like it as a feature on the front. Still have a few more sqares to crochet, but making them into blocks makes iit easier to layout the design. Yes, I will post a photo when it's finished.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Looks great so far! Love seeing progress reports like this - it always makes the final result that much more impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JS, I like to see progress reports too. Don't know how impressive the final rug will be though. LOL!
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. Well done for having the patience to do this many ! And they look so neat too ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, I wanted to keep going but it's effecting my shoulder so I will be taking a few days off and hopefully get back to again next week. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. Lovely! I didn't realize you were a crocheter (I am too!) I love the raised border. Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't do a lot Farrah, but I needed to use up my odd balls of wool on something and with winter on it's way this will be comforting on chilly nights. :) Thanks so much for the compliments, coming from another crocheter that makes it all worthwhile.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!