Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Tuesday

Comparing Bodies

My new gals arrived yesterday and I was quite surprised to see the actual difference in the sizes of these two darling little dolls. The D'Nenes Marieta is much chubbier than I expected her to be, but that face is so cute and I am looking forward to styling this little girl.


The quality of the doll is as I expected, but I didn't think much of the clothes she was dressed in . . . certainly not as well finished as the Paola Reina Dolls clothes. Considering I won't be using them anyway it's no great loss if I toss them!


The measurements shown above were the best I could take using a piece of string to wrap the body and then placing the string along my metal ruler . . . they will certainly do to make her clothes. :)

11 comments:

  1. They're a lot taller than they look. I wouldn't have thought they were 35.5cm. They have really cute faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ALasse,
      I guess size can be very deceiving on the screen, but yes the little brown girl (who I have named Ella Jane) is certainly that tall. Cristi is a wee bit shorter. I am going to dress EJ in apricot as I think that colour will look beautiful with her brown skin.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Marieta makes your PR girl look very long legged :) I have heard of these dolls but had never seen one in the nude, chubby little one isn't she :)
    I look forward to seeing what you make for her to wear.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she certainly does Sharon. I didn't realise she would be so chubby, but she's grown on me already and I kind of like her that way. Originally I was thinking I would dress her in a period style from 1860's, but I had second thoughts about that after I found some pretty apricot fabric with little brown deer. She came with brown shoes, so it should all suit her well.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. They're very cute! They remind me of the dolls my mother collected, besides the fact those were vintage, which I don't think these are, correct? In the end it doesn't matter, a cute doll is a cute doll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Nikki. :) Not what I expected to be collecting, but they have won my heart and they are so lovely to touch being vinyl instead of resin. No, they are new dolls but I guess because they are actually a children's doll they may come across to some as vintage. I must agree with you there, and if they pull the heart strings and make one happy, that's what counts. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Anonymous14 January

    Very cute, and reminds me... there is a doll I saw at the store last week I might give a new home! Dolls are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree Crystal, they certainly are fun, no matter what dolls they are. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. They are both very cute and sweet as pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah, I'm so pleased I indulged myself .:)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Cuties! They remind me of my first doll my grandmother bought me. That was something else and even before my first Barbie. I really liked that doll.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!