Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Monday

New Girls - Emma and Kitty

I have been waiting for these girls to arrive for some weeks now. Usually my Gotz dolls arrive within a few days of ordering, but that's when I only order one at a time, this time I ordered these two girls at the same time which made the shipping box really large, so it was sent with a different carrier . . . hence the long wait, it was a real test of my patience. :)

In the clothes they arrived in.
This is Emma, she has lovely blonde hair with a centre part and grey brown eyes and she is wearing one of my outfits that I knitted and sewed while she was on her long trip home. I also managed to squeeze her feet into a pair of lovely white Boneka shoes.


A close up, as you may have noticed, she has the same face sculpt as Clara.


This is Kitty, she also has lovely blonde hair, but with a side part and green eyes and she is wearing an outfit that is the reverse to Emma's. She is still wearing the black cat shoes she arrived in. Kitty is a MDBF Chosen doll and limited to 250 in this colour way.


This close up shows she has the same face sculpt as Katie (including the freckles which I want to remove if I can).


I just need to order a blonde Hannah (with a fringe) to complete my blonde trio, but she can wait for a little while.

Hope you all have a wonderful dolly week planned, I do! :)

14 comments:

  1. Two lovely Gotz girls Sandi, congrats on their safe arrival...finally! Emma's face sculpt is my favourite and now I have three the same, plus Charlotte. As you know I did have Kitty's face sculpt too but for some reason I just couldn't bond with her. Strange because I really do like the sculpt. I look forward to seeing what else you sew/knit for the girls :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm so pleased they finally arrived, I was beginning to become anxious. When I first saw this sculpt I wasn't too impressed, but after receiving Clara and seeing how gorgeous she was I just had to have a blonde version. You know my reason for buying Kitty, but I will have to remove those darn freckles, to me they just don't look right on a blonde doll.
      Hope you are having a good dolly week.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Hello Sandy,
    They are beautiful! I cannot get over how realistic some of the sculpting is. their eyes are freaky realistic...in a good way.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac. Gotz certainly know how to create a lovely doll. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. Such cute girls, congrats! I can imagine that the wait really tested your patience - I think it is a well known fact among collectors of all kind. I am totally messed up while waiting. :D
    Their faces are adorable and even if you want to remove the freckles, I like them. But I hope you find a way to remove them nicely.
    Have a wonderful new week!
    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina, waiting is always the pits but at least it wasn't as long as waiting for a BJD to arrive. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. I love Emma's face, so beautiful and Kitty has the cutest little dimple in her chin! Cute dresses on both of them. Congrats on your two lovely new girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Farrah, I hadn't noticed Kitty's dimple until I actually received her and undressed her, usually I am more observant. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. They are both such sweet looking girls. I love how subtle their faces are too. The hair is a lovely shade of blonde. It looks so soft too.

    Ah, the waiting game. It's always so stress inducing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly never thought I would be adding play dolls to my collection, but these are beautifully made dolls Alasse and as you said very sweet. I'm so over the stress now they are home. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Hello Sandi!

    Congrats for their arrival, they're adorable and I love the dresses you have made for them. Those black cat shoes are lovely! 😻

    Greetings ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why am I not surprised that you like the black cat shoes Lily? Ah the dresses, I can't seen to stop knitting and sewing lately, but it does give me the opportunity to dress the dolls. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. They are lovely, congrats on the arrival!! And well, doll hobby does teach us patience!

    A blonde trio would be amazing, I hope you can get her soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Musume, yes it sure does. :) The third doll will be here next month.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!