Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Tuesday

Lunette's Arrival

Well after a very long wait, the longest I have ever had (ordered in April), my Lunette from Liz Frost (WizWorx) has finally arrived home!




She stands like a trouper! Actually Liz's dolls stand better than any of my other dolls, possibly because they are so well strung. Here she is before her lovely soft grey blue eyes were inserted.


I am thrilled to bits with her and although I shall give her a nursery rhyme name, I cannot think which until I have decided on the wig she will wear. Though I must admit I'm leaning towards the black one, as I have a blonde and brunette in this trio of dolls already. Let me know your thoughts. 😊

Monique Gold "Roxie" Wig ~ White Blonde

Monique "Shelby" Wig ~ Black

Well not much else to tell you this week, I'll be taking a short break . . . that is, I will after I have caught up on your lovely comments and blog posts.
Hugs,
X

19 comments:

  1. I would love to see her in a sort of washed out blue, lilac and white streaked wig. I don't know why. I don't usually like fantasy wigs but I pictured that as soon as I saw her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try some fantasy wigs on her Rachael, but unfortunately they didn't suit her character. I even tried a red wig, which is a hair colour I really adore, but it was not for her.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, she is quite the lovely girl. Her face is just so dreamy and soft. I also love the shape and sculpt of her body. I actually like both wigs on her! Wait times I think are the hardest. The figure collecting wait times are always like that and a lot of times, the release dates get pushed back which is annoying. I had one figure on pre-order with a release date that got pushed back 5 times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alasse,
      Oh I am over the moon with her and although I like both wigs on her, I chose the black and have called her Bo . . . as in Bo Peep. She has a dark side, though you wouldn't think it when you look at her sweet face. :)

      Well I doubt if I will wait that long again, now I have three, my trio is complete. I'm thankful I don't collect figures, I would go completely nuts if I had that happen to me.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. Hello Sandy,
    I am glad she arrived safe and sound. She is a stunning doll. I love the color of the black against her pale delicate features, but I really like the cut of the blond. Either wig looks nice on her.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac. I settled on the black wig, but I can see how the other style would also have looked good in black ... didn't have one though. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. She's stunning, huge congrats!!! that was quite the wait, but I'm so glad it was worth it. Both wigs look great on her but I prefer darker colors for little girls, so I'd go with the black :D though I can see you already chose that one.
    Enjoy your break, and your week.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am pleased you like her Alejandra. Yes the wait was worth it alright.
      Hope you are feeling better.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. Congrats! She is a lovely girl. I love her face.

    I like her in black wig a bit more (but only a bit). She looks great in both of them in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna. Somehow I think she would look good in any wig! :)
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Oh I am so with you on the long waits, I find that such a chore but sometimes I almost forget that I've got a doll on order, and find I can actually deal with it....and actually forget the doll too!!!
    Bo is lovely, she has a very sweet face and Bo is a good name for her. I like both wigs but yes the black one is my preferred one too :)
    Have a good weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I actually did forget for a little while, having had such a busy year, the time just flew by. Well she needs a little crook to herd her sheep because she keeps loosing them all the time . . . that's why she hasn't any at present. LOL!

      Was a little bit naughty over the weekend . . . and again today . . . but more on that later.
      Enjoy your week!
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. She is such a cutie! She has such innocent, gorgeous face and perfect face-up. Her body also looks great (and very stable). I like her the best in the first wig (goes great with her innocent look ;)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann. I am happy with the way she looks IRL but she tends to photograph a bit pink, which is a bit of a shame. Still I won't be changing anything. :)
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. How beautiful is she :) I especially like her in this white wig. The face and these hairs make her to a little fairy. Hugs :) Urszula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Urszula, she is going to be my Little Bo Peep. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  9. She is so beautiful, congrats! I love the white blond wig on her. She looks like a little elf or fairy in it. So cute.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her expression and softness.
    What a cute little girl - Congratulations! (although very late xD)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!