Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Sunday

More Knitting

My larger dolls have been a little neglected lately and I thought it time for them to receive some attention. With odd balls of yarn to use up, and inspiration from the beret, I made this set for my Gotz Happy Kidz 2017 Emma.




The beret is a free pattern from Ravelry: Free Beret and the cardigan and dress were both modifications I made from this cardigan pattern: Lacy Cardigan Set.

Hope you have a happy new week!

15 comments:

  1. Oh that is just adorable. She looks so classy.
    Hugs,
    Dorian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorian, Emma is pleased with how it turned out. Now she wants a matching scarf!!
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Such an elegant set! The choice of colour is very classy and Emma seems happy to have new clothes. Who wouldn't :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann. The colour does suit her, even though it was more by chance than choice. 😂
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. How stylish! I feel this outfit brings out her colours.
    Love the butterfly backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uschi. I have used this backdrop quite often as it's more subtle than many of my others. Some backdrops are a bit distracting.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Lovely set, great beret. I love using up wool so that the massive pile I own starts to go down by half n inch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, the beret was really easy to knit, much better than I expected. Oh me too, I have far more yarn and fabric than I will ever have time to use. 🙄
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. Thanks Linda, it was purely a fluke! Sometimes what one has on hand can be just right, fortunately it was this time. 😊
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma looks adorable in her new knitted outfit. Love the mild colors. And thanks for the links! Have a lovely new week!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina, you're welcome. You too!
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. This looks lovely. I like the combination of the white color with the subtle touches of beige and grey. At first I thought the beret was one solid color, but then I noticed the blend of neutral shades.

    Wish you a lovely week ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MC. The beige/grey/white combo is very soft and this may sound funny but it's also the colours of Coco, my dog.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. I like that color combo very much. And she has just the perfect face - or expression for the beret. Your knitting always looks so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia, it was a great way to use up scraps and the knitting the beret taught me a new stitch. It's not bad, but I only consider myself an average knitter. my mum was better.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!