But I'm getting there. I finished making a bunting for the bedroom in the kiddies cottage this afternoon and wanted to see how it looked, so I took a quick shot with my phone.
A personal blog sharing my love of all dolls, 1:6 scale dioramas, doll fashion, sewing and knitting.
Everyone Needs Playtime
In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.
When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.
There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.
When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.
There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So cute. I love the doll's dollhouse :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Mia. The little doll house also comes in pink, but I thought there was enough pink in the room already and it was only a couple of dollars.
DeleteBig hugs,
X
The bunkbeds look fabulous in this perfect room! I love the light coming in through the window, and I love that the girls have plenty of room for getting all dolled up! Bunting really adds a celebratory vibe!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jodi, it still has a way to go, but I'm happy with the way it's coming together. The window is actually French doors which open. One day I may make a terrace outside. The bunting was really easy to make using felt, so no sewing required. 😁
DeleteBig hugs,
X
Beautiful and cozy room! The doll is absolutely adorable, and the dollhouse is lovely. This diorama creates such a wonderful scene. 💗
ReplyDeleteIt's always pleasing to read favourable comments about something I've posted, thank you Inesa.
DeleteBig hug,
X
So cute and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Joanna. 😘
DeleteIt's absolutely lovely! All those pastel colours and flowery patterns work do well! Girls will be over the moon, especially about the dollhouse 😊
ReplyDeleteOh they are Chiriann, and of course now they are impatient to fill the room with their playthings. Thank you for popping by and sharing your thoughts.
DeleteBig hugs,
X