Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Sunday

Nip and Tuck


It all began with the cotton jersey stockings . . .


then came the arm warmers with a lace cuff . . .


the spotted voile bloomers . . .


the matching blouse . . .


the ten piece knee length skirt . . .


a pretty overskirt . . .


and a coordinating belt with a ribbon tie.

The ribbon tie will be replaced at a later date with organza ribbon, when they arrive from my Etsy supplier. I am so pleased with how this all turned out, it's all been made without a pattern. I just draped, cut and sewed, with a few minor nip and tucks here and there.

I will show you the completed outfit on the doll when the wig I have chosen for her arrives from JPop.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi,
    I cannot wait to see the complete outfit. It is just beautiful. I love the fabrics!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac,
      I'm hoping the wig and ribbons don't take too long to arrive as I really want to finish this outfit before beginning another. If you love these fabrics, just wait to see what else is in store. :)
      Big hug to you too!,
      X

      Delete
  2. Very cute outfit from what I can see so far. Having never developed the skills myself, I always admire people who can sew such small an detailed items.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love sewing as you can gather from previous posts. it's something I have done for many years in one form or another, but it is something you can be taught . . . you should give it a go. :)

      Hopefully the completed doll won't be too far away . . . now to finish Seraphine's outfit.
      Cheers,
      X

      Delete
  3. I am totally envious of folks with a talent like yours! I can never do that, I need patterns!!!! I can't wait to see more, but man, I'm loving the combination... plus, I'm such a sucker for stripes! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Heather, you're making me blush.:) I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you could do it too! I love stripes too, especially when it comes to dolly tights.
      cheers,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!