Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Tuesday

Shh Quiet I'm Sleeping

Just kiddin'. :) Things have just been a little slow getting from the studio to my blog of late. As it often happens, life gets in the way so things get put on hold for a short while.

I did attend a Doll Show recently and managed to catch up with a few dolly friends, but once again the camera was the last thing on my mind as I rushed out the door, so no pictures taken there, sorry. I did pick up some lovely trimmings and a couple of new wigs for my Rogebell hybrid. Also added another elf doll to my collection, but I'll do a proper post on her later.

Of course I have also been doing more sewing, it appears I have a bent on striped stockings and arm warmers, I can't seem to stop making them!


I've ordered more striped fabric so there will be even more colours and stripe widths to choose from. I will be making for SD, MSD and Iplehouse BID sizes for now, but will add more to my Etsy store as I progress with sewing. There will be several different styles - stockings above knee and thigh high, tights and leggins.


These black & white stripes are modelled on Volks SD13 body.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy,
    They are beautiful. Perfectly cut and I love the delicate trim. Perfectly to scale.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giac. I love stripes and these are fun to sew.
      Cheers,
      X

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandi!
    They are very beautiful and the good fact is that they are perfect for any fashion style ;)
    Greetings ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily,
      Thank you, I agree, black and white goes with all styles and colours.
      Cheers,
      X

      Delete
  3. Your sewing creations are coming out great... you're making me feel like such a slacker XD I've got all this sewing I want to get done... and yeah... haven't done any of it -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't worry about it Heather, you can't do everything. There's only 24 hrs in a day and you have heaps to do already. I'm sure you'll get it done sooner or later. :)
      Cheers,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!