Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Saturday

Dianna Effner Penny

I attended a doll show this morning and found this little cutie sitting naked on a table. Fell for the face immediately and brought her home. She is made of porcelain and has a hand painted face.


I have dressed her in what I had on hand that fitted her, but I will make her an outfit of her very own down the track . . . maybe a Jane Austen period costume . . . what do you think?

Got quite a bit on this weekend, so I'll catch up on reading your blogs on Monday . . . hope you are having a good one!

18 comments:

  1. I think Regency would suit her perfectly!! Your new girl is gorgeous, congrats on getting her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Musume, I should have known you'd be keen to see her in Regency clothes. She is a very pretty doll and I can see her in a bonnet with her curls dangling beneath. :)
      Big Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Hello and congrats on finding this cutie and bringing her home! A short sleeved long dress in Jane Austen style would suit her fine. In pink, purple or blue....oh my, she would be cute in anything!
    Have a wonderful new week ahead. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina, I agree, definitely little puffed sleeves, not sure of the colour yet, but I shall take your suggestions on board. :)
      Oh you too, and don't forget to blog, I miss your posts!
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. Hello Sandy,
    I really like the outfit on her, but when you mentioned the period outfit of her own I thought that would look perfect on her with her face and that hair.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac,
      I think it will suit her, I just need to decide whether to make a day or party dress. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. She's a cutie! Porcelain seems so delicate and fragile. I think a Victorian outfit would suit her well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought the same beforehand Irene, but she is not quite as delicate as you may think. Being a preloved doll, I was carefull to check her tiny fingers and she has them all.

      Seems we are all in agreement then. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. She has a really lovely painted face. I can see why you were attracted to her so quickly. I would love to see her in an Jane Austen inspired costume. I think she would look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, I don't know who actually painted the face, but who ever it was they did an amazing job considering how tiny it is. I think I'm going to make two costumes for her, a period one and a fairy one.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. Anonymous26 May

    Her hair and outfit are so pretty!! I just adore tiny props!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's very sweet, you were lucky to find her and bring her home. Is she the same size as the Little Darlings or a bit smaller? I think she'd look great in a Victorian period outfit, especially with her curls and porcelain complexion!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! Yes I was lucky to spot her, she's only eight inches tall, so quite a bit smaller than LD's, but full of personality. Hopefully I'll have something to show in that line soon. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. Wow what a find !
    She is so pretty and dainty.
    She would be perfect as a flower fairy ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, as I have mentioned in my reply to Alasse, I will be making a fairy costume too. :)
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  9. Hello, Sandi!

    What a great finding! Congrats to bring her home, she's going to be a lucky beloved girl. I like her hair a lot.

    Greetings ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily, she was quite an unexpected find, but certainly a nice one. I think her hair suits her face beautifully.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!