Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Friday

New Do for Greta

I was very determined this morning when I sat down at the kitchen table. At last I had finally decided to cut Greta's hair . . .  I could stand those messy tangled curls no longer!

STAGE 1 - WASH & DETANGLE

Washing was so much easier than I thought it would be and using a detangler helped to loosen her hair beautifully. It's often the thought of doing something new, the fear of doing it wrong, which stops us from doing things we should do . . . today I am begining to dare!

STAGE 2 - CUT

The new hairdresser's scissors I had purchased to tackle the next scary job were being used at long last . . . once again, this task was easier than I thought it would be.

STAGE 3 - CURL

To curl or simply leave to dry? That was the question that held me up for a bit . . . then I decided to curl.

STAGE 4 - COMPLETION

Now doesn't she look the picture of innocence? I love how soft these curls look and feel, however, I may brush them loose at a later date for a more natural look. Let me know what you think. 😘

16 comments:

  1. A remarkable metamorphosis, the plain one has become beautiful. Hugs from Xanadu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very happy with her look for now at least. 😊
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Hi Xanadu! You went from being MIA to publishing posts back-to-back! I'm not complaining though.
    I'm terrible with doll hair, so I really applaud you for being brave enough to cut her hair. I do like the new style, but it looks quite vintage. If you want to go for a more modern look, maybe you could brush it.
    Have a nice weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MC! I know I don't know what came over me?? 🀣 I am happy these dolls have brought me a new lease on life, I haven't enjoyed my dolls for such a long time.
      Now I have accomplished this task I'm ready to tackle a couple of others. I have seen photos of a few GHK with short hair and I really am quite taken with them.
      As for Greta's hair, I want to dress her in white lawn & lace dress and take some photos before brushing her curls loose. Don't worry I will share pics. 😊
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. She looks so angelic now, definitely a lot better! I'm always scared of cutting my dolls hair, but you did simply great, like a professional :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiriann. I was really scared too, but now I have done it, it's not so scary anymore. If you want to give it a go, try it on a doll that you are not so fond of first.
      Hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Your doll turned out so adorable! I feel like she's got a 1930s style, maybe because I am thinking of Shirley Temple. I am afraid to cut my dolls' hair, partially because I tried trimming my daughters' bangs, and that did not always go so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! Thank you, yes, I guess it is a bit Shirley Templeish. 😊 Looking at my post I wish I had taken a before photo of her hair, honestly it was a tangled mess. I think it was a real case of having to jump right in on this one. I can't blame you for hesitating as bangs are the worst to trim, but doing the rest of it is breeze (says she who is filled new confidence πŸ˜‚).
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  5. I almost get flapper vibes from that. I certainly looks mature. I am impressed by your technique. I never get the ends to curl properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia, these rollers are really great for catching all the ends.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  6. So brave to cut it shorter, well done looks very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've done it once the rest of these dolls had better watch out. 🀣 It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do for one. There are a couple I can't wait to have a go at now.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  7. The new hairstyle and curls suit her so well. She looks adorable πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inesa. I think so too, she has the sweetest face and it seemed a shame to cover it up with frizzy curls.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  8. Love HER! I have no fear, since I can experiment on my thrift store dolls...surprisingly, unless the 'grain' of the hair is going the wrong way, you can easily trim and shorten any doll, and like humans, sometimes they look better! Grins, sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this little gal did (in my eyes anyway). 😁
      😘

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!