On every website that sells Zwergnase dolls, even Zwergnase itself, they say the Spoon Dolls are made of vinyl, but my 42cm doll feels very much like the same resin all my Asian ball jointed dolls are made from. She quite hard and very heavy for her size, weighing about the same as my Liz Frost (Wizworx) dolls which are roughly the same height.
When I compare my Spoon Doll to my Zwergnese Art Doll Nilli, which is made from phthalate-free vinyl, they look and feel completely different.
After researching further I found this on the internet:
"Hard vinyl and resin differ primarily in their material composition, flexibility, and physical behavior.
Hard vinyl (PVC) is a tough yet slightly pliant thermoplastic that bends under stress and resists shattering, whereas resin is a rigid, thermoset polymer that offers ultra-fine detail and a heavy, porcelain-like feel but can chip or break upon impact.
Material Properties and Feel:
Hard Vinyl: Feels slightly warmer or more forgiving; can absorb minor shocks without breaking.
Resin: Feels heavy, dense, and rigid; sounds "clanky" or glass-like when tapped.
Durability and Damage:
Hard Vinyl: Prone to surface staining or denting under heavy pressure, but very difficult to shatter.
Resin: Highly resistant to denting and chemical wear, but prone to chipping, cracking, or shattering if dropped."
This information leads me to believing these dolls are more likely to be resin!
Now aside from all this info . . . I found another Spoon Doll . . . her name is Lolly Spoon and I just ordered her!
Hopefully she will be arriving soon.
Big hugs,
X
She's so cute! I love her♥️
ReplyDeleteThank you Miru. 😘
DeleteWhat a cute doll! Her name is so lovely 💗
ReplyDeleteThank you Inesa. I think Lina and Lolly will make great siblings. 😘
Delete