Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Friday

Sewing for Gotz Happy Kidz

The weather hasn't been very nice lately so I've been knitting these little bolero style tops for my girls. You can find the knitting pattern (which is also suitable for Zwergnase Junior, Carpatina and Kidz'n'Cats) at Swish & Swirl. The skill level is easy and it only requires 50g ball of fingering yarn and a pair of 2mm knitting needles, a yarn needle for finishing, stitch markers (I just use a slip of contrasting yarn) and a button.

Not finding any suitable clothes to complete their outfits, it was time to look at my fabric stash and decide what to work on next. I'm using a Dianes Doll Designs romper pattern for my Greta with the ringlets which I will modify to fit as necessary. For Lea and Greta (above) I'll be using my own patterns.

These are some of the fabrics I have selected . . . the one on the right will be for Greta (above) the two on the left will be for Greta with the ringlets and the center fabric for Lea. They will all wear coordinating leather sandals.

Oh the weather outside is frighful, but this fabric is so delightful,

and since I've no place to go, let me sew, let me sew, let me sew.

Okay that's all for today folks, I'll be back when I'm done sewing.
Big hugs,
X

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad to see you are still blogging, I kept trying the old url and failing, gotta update my blogs links then :D
    We had nice weather this week, but the rest of the winter has been quite miserable and rain restart on monday again, how I wish for spring already!
    I think the fabric you chose for Greta goes nicely with the green top, but I must say my favorite ones are the first 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alejandra. Yes, I had to do the same.
      Our weather has been much on par with yours and like you I yearn for spring to arrive, my garden needs as much sunny attention as I do! 😊
      I agree. The first two go together nicely and will work well for that particular doll. I wasn't so keen on the middle one but it was the only fabric I had that might work with the colour of the bolero and sandals.
      😘

      Delete
  2. Fabulous fabric. My favorite is the one on the right, but I am sure they'll all look great on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia. The other fabrics are for different dolls which I will post soon.
      😘

      Delete
  3. It finally looks like autumn might arrive here. Yesterday the temperature was about 24 or 25C, with lower humidity. Once the freezing weather kicks in, it will be a great time to knit and sew. Your fabrics look like a great place to start sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a temperature I can only look forward too Barb . . . the warmer the better. Maybe then I can get outside into my garden and take some outdoor shots of my girls. 😊
      I do prefer to knit during winter, but sewing I can tackle any ol' time . . . providing the mood strikes me. What I should be doing is giving the doll room a good clean up, lots of stuff got stashed in there over winter.
      😘

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!