Everyone Needs Playtime

In our hectic, modern lives, many of us focus so heavily on work and family commitments that we never seem to have time for pure fun. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we stopped playing.

When we carve out some leisure time, we’re more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But play is not just essential for kids; it can be an important source of relaxation and stimulation for adults as well.

There doesn’t need to be any point to the activity beyond having fun and enjoying yourself. By giving yourself permission to play with the joyful abandon of childhood, you can reap oodles of health benefits throughout life.

Sunday

More on Dolly Thoughts

It's hard to believe it's been six years since I wrote my post Dolly Thoughts and so much has changed. Some of those who commented on that particular post have left the hobby or simply stopped blogging.

Generally, my own journey hasn't changed much, apart from getting much older and less mobile (one seems to age more quickly once they pass 60), I still enjoy all my dolls. From the one and only inexpensive Khurn doll, to my Gotz play dolls, IT fashion dolls, Asian BJD's, and more recently the wonderful Zwergnase Spoon Dolls. They all keep me company and stop me from becoming completely bored.

Now I'm left wondering about those of you who are still posting, though much less frequently. I know some of you are still interested in your dolls, but cannot find the time to chat for one reason or another. Whatever the reason, I hope with all my heart you don't stop blogging all together, I miss chatting with you and seeing what you are doing with your own dolls.

Maybe you have a new hobby that's occupying your time, if so, why not share it. I'm sure there are other bloggers who would all be interested in knowing where this new path is taking you. Although most of those who used to chat regularly through our blogs spoke mainly about dolls, we all have lives apart from dolls that is just as interesting, so if you'd like to share a little, please do.

By the way do you realise it's only 103 days to Christmas?


Big hugs,
X

12 comments:

  1. I have to agree that has I have gotten older, my blogging of stories have tailed off almost completely but I still try to post on my blog every Sunday but now it's more about what I have been up to with trying to get my house or garden sorted along with news on dolls coming and going ! My mobility does have something to do with it , again due to age, I still have the story ideas come to me but it's harder to get down on the floor to take those photos and my doll studio has become a dumping ground for all the dolls bits and pieces.
    But I live in hope of clearing the place to find that space, once again to let the stories flow but in the mean time I will always try to share my thoughts and plans etc every Sunday.
    Maybe some people could set a day in the month to put on posts to tell their followers what's happening in their lives that have meant the dolls have taken a back seat or are just being enjoyed or as you say if they have gone down a different track because once a collector always a collector and we collectors love to see others collections whatever they may be
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how frustrating taking photos can be when you're not as agile as you used to be, once on the floor there is no getting up! At least not without a helping hand. :) We're both guilty of dumping Dee, hubby is always telling me to look three layers down when I cannot find something.

      Mmm, I like that idea of setting one day in the month for something personal and perhaps another for a project that's not dolly related, that could be fun.
      😘

      Delete
  2. I went back and read your previous post on the subject, I've really liked how eclectic your collection is. I find the doll hobby brings together many people from different areas of interest because you can do much with dolls. Do you want to have a physical representation of your characters because you like to write? dolls. Do you like sewing? dollls. Do you like miniature worlds? dolls. And so on
    As for me, I can't say I lost interest in dolls all the years I spent off the community, but I didn't have the space to display them or play with them, so I didn't look for doll releases or doll blogs because if I liked something I wouln't be able to acquire it.
    Funnily enough, I have a blog post prepared on the topic, but I haven't pressed the publish button yet.
    I find discouraging to see many doll blogs dead and I almost didn't bring mine to life, but I'm glad I did.
    I can't wait for Christmas, it's my favorite season, even if the summer heat brings the migraines out to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Alejandra, we do have an extremely wide selection of dolls between us all, but they all bring us joy one way or another and it feels good sharing that joy. I know I'm always excited to share photos of a new doll that I have added to my collection, not to be showing off, but genuinely share.
      Space is always a problem for doll collectors, and I feel for those who would like to collect more, but are limited by the size of their home whether it be an apartment or a house. I can fully understand your predicament, looking at other peoples dolls or at online doll outlets can often push ones temptation button and when you know you can't or don't want to purchase another doll for one reason or another, it can cause a lot of anxiety and stress.
      I'm so glad you did revive your blog, and I'm still hoping that others who used to join our "chats" also return to dolly blogging. I really do miss those girls (I use that term loosely as I know some are close in age to me). 😄
      I do too, it's a very special time of year, and one that seems to make everyone happy. Sorry about the migraines, you can certainly do without them.
      😘

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I wish I could get rid of migraines, but at least I can control some of them.
      I miss the girls too, still hoping to see them back now that I can actively check on everyone.
      If you comment on my blog and then you don't see your comment, check the spanish version of the site from the top menu, I don't know why your comments are landing on there. My blog should always send you to the english version if the browser is set in english, but apparently not LOL.

      Delete
  3. I know. It's not just blogs, it's groups or discussion boards as well. I noticed that people started to withdraw from discussions when everything became political somehow. Cancel culture basically cancelled people's wish to participate in discussions at all, at least as far as I observed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's a real shame Mia 😔 especially here where we discuss everything except the subject of politics . . .
      It has never come into play and as far as I'm concerned it never will.
      😘

      Delete
    2. I agree. It's sad, really. But I am happy that there are still some places that are "strictly doll room" :-D

      Delete
    3. Me too ❤️ though I do get off the subject sometimes.

      Delete
  4. What an atmospheric photo! It looks so magical. I love all the seasons, but the winter holidays and Christmas are pure magic for me — warm moments in life that I look forward to every single year 🎄❄⛄

    As for my own blog, I don't post very often right now, but I'm still here, and I'll keep blogging and visiting other doll lovers' blogs. Lately, I've wanted to post less frequently but prepare each publication more thoroughly, making sure every photo, video, or piece of text is thoughtful and high-quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inesa, thank you, I used a digital background for this photo of my dolls. I think most people love Christmas, not just for the presents we give & receive, but more from the joy and happiness shared between friends and family. In these times I think we all need it to look forward to.

      I think you put so much love and preparation into your blog, it's always a pleasure to visit. The time you must spend preparing video tutorials alone is amazing, I don't think I have the patience, and I really admire you for doing it..
      😘

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words about my creativity! It means the world to me. These are the kind of words that warm my heart and stay with me, and they inspire me so much.

      Your creations are wonderful as well! You put so much time and love into every special outfit for your dolls. Everything you make is so high-quality and professional 💗💗💗

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate those who take the time to comment, ask questions or leave feedback. :)

SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated and all spam is deleted!