Sometimes it can be a challenge when photographing dolls to make them interesting, that's why I am always on the lookout for props. Where to find good ones isn't always easy, and finding them in a particular scale is even more difficult.
Today I'm sharing a few photos of my BJD's with props that I have found when I've been out and about.
This Fairyland LittleFee Ante is riding a tiny rocking horse I came across in a toy store which only sold wooden toys. This was a tiny version of a child's and the only one in the store at the time.
This time we have a PukiFee Lindt riding a different rocking horse, this one I picked up at a doll and teddy bear show. It is still in need of a mane, the tail is hair from my first dog's ears. The horse's body still needs a paint job . . . I'm so slack at times.
The boys from the 'hood love this Vespa. Left is Iplehouse BID Serca, centre DollZone Choco, right is Iplehouse BID Peekaboo. This was purchased from eBay, it's in excellent condition for a second-hand toy. I'm not sure, but it could be a Barbie bike.
In this photo of my Iplehouse KID Lonnie, she is playing with a miniature ballerina teddy bear which I designed and made by hand. The fabric backdrop I used for this photo has always been a favourite and seems to suit the clothes she is wearing.
Tao Yue is from Doll Family-H, she is a pink skin girl who I have called Suzanne. She has been given multiple jointed hands, which mean she can hold things in them all by herself. Here she is holding an eraser designed to look like a biscuit (cookie). This came from one of the Japanese stores that sells lots of bits and pieces.
Luts Honey Delf Lolly is riding in a mini go-cart and carrying a hobby horse. I cannot, for the life of me, remember where they came from. However the Radio Flyer pull along cart was another eBay purchase.
Terrible photo, but the washing machine and oven shown in this photo with my with Fairyland PukiFee Cadbury, were purchased from Wooja for just $7.50 each.
Lastly we have Suzanne together with LittleFee Bisou in the gardening shed. The rusty watering can and gardening tools were purchased online from either AliExpress or Temu, I can't remember exactly.
Hope that inspires you to post some photos of your own dolls with props. Until next time be happy!
I love miniatures almost as much as I love dolls, I think props make the dolls look more alive. I have some rement play sets with mostly miniature fod but I also have a table and 2 chairs that are slightly too small for my dolls, but I can make it work.
ReplyDeleteI also have a bike, I think I need to listen to your suggestions and take photos.
I enyojed your photos very much, I love the rocking horses the most.
I think they are a necessity we cannot live without, and I agree they do make the dolls look almost human. I haven't any rement but I do have some miniature food collectables that our supermarket gave as a store promo, and they work quite well.
DeleteSo glad you reminded me I have a bike somewhere too, a three wheeler and another rocking horse that I forgot about. Must make time for more photography.
π
Alasse sent me some of those supermarket collectables years ago! They are super cute! I wish my supermarket did that. I forgot to mention I bought a barbie scale kitchen back in july that I want to paint and make cozy for my dolls :) Still unsure on how to procceed but I'll make it work!
DeleteAhhh, I love that Vespa! Great props :)
ReplyDeleteI do too Mia, it's perfect for my little boys. It's not easy finding great props for boys. π
DeleteSuch interesting photos. Yes, props make the images so much more engaging. This is so inspiring. I also love using various miniatures for photos π
ReplyDeleteThank you Inesa, I'm so pleased you found my post inspiring, though I don't think you need the inspiration you always have great props in your photos.π
DeleteI do love a good prop. That's part of the fun of having dolls, is setting them up with the right sized props to make a nice photo. Just finding the right size can be a challenge , at least if you own several different sized dolls , you can at least use it for one of the others if it turns out too small or too big for the intended doll.
ReplyDeleteMy problem is I just love the small sized props as much as the dolls, so why have one chest of drawers when you can have three ! so on it goes. The amount of props I have sitting waiting to be included in a storyline or photo we'd best not go into ! What can I say . . . . . i collect props too lol hugs x
Mmm you're right, sometimes a prop suitable for a small doll to ride on, could also be a toy for a big doll to play with . . . a good idea for another post down the track.
DeleteI guess you take the cake on this subject Dee. π I have a few props, but nowhere near three chest of drawers full. π
I think all of your dolls, props, and backgrounds are the cat's meow. I love collecting doll-sized props. I have that Vespa. It came with a My Scene Barbie doll.
ReplyDeleteHey thanks Barb! Now if anyone was going to know if the Vespa was a Babie one, it was going to be either you or RM. So is yours blue also? Did they come in different colours? I knew one day I'd have to have something Barbie, she's unavoidable in the dollyworld. π
Delete